escorts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: escorts
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Tue Apr 5 08:12:07 1994
In your message you write:

> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 09:57:45 +0800
> From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
> Subject: Re:Digest of british cars
>
> > Gerry,
> >
> > Here's some help with Fords 1968 to 1978 or so:
> >
> > It's difficult to know where to start... but here goes:
> >
> > Escort Mk I: Mainly right, but RS2000 was SOHC (Pinto), not DOHC;
>
> There *was* a twin-cam Escort rally car; I've got its designation in
> one of my Lotus books at home.  Can't think of it now.  I'm pretty
> sure it came with the Cosworth 4-valve head -- um, the BDD, if I
> remembr my alphabet soup correctly (the BDA is for the 1.6, the
> BDD is what I think they called the 2-liter version that ran on
> the Chevron racing cars, et al.)

The twin-cam rally car was an RS1800 Twin Cam. A close friend of
mine has one.  It finished 2d in class, 4th overall in the 71 or 72
East Africa Safari rally.  It is currently in storage waiting for
time and money to be restored. (not a 4 valve motor)

He also has an Escort Mexico converted to RS2000 specs..would be a
great vintage racer if I can convince him to spend the $$$.

Jim
jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil