Re: British Cars Digest #1039 Tue Dec 21 01:15:01 MST 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1039 Tue Dec 21 01:15:01 MST 1993
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 09:29:40 MST
> The Plan:

> The plan, assuming that my boss, the U. of Utah Regents, the state police,
> the IRS, the ATF, the FCC, the NSF, ad infinitum, don't get me carted off to
> jail for doing something I shouldn't.  That is, something unique and untested.
> Wonder if I should claim I'm actually selling storage space or something?
> Oh well, we'll see.

I HATE to bring this up. My company's says that I cannot give anything
to a government employee or to the government itself except as part of
a formal contract process.  You bring up NSF which makes me afraid
that the computer involved is government funded.  I don't want to be a
jerk, and would like to contribute, but I also don't want to get
anyone in trouble.

> Unofficial histort of SAAB says Swedes v. unhappy with poor
> manufacturing standards (no pun intended) at Triumph engine factory.
> Decided to modify engine & build it in Sweden. Two litre version used
> in SAAB turbo (1st production Turbo passenger car, I believe).

How about the 62 Oldsmobile or the 63 Corvair spyder?

A couple of days ago somebody mentioned that before sending their head
to the machine shop, you should make a list and a drawing of
everything there.  I keep a cheap 35 mm camera in the shop for times
like these. A quick picture is absolutely invaluable to prove that you
got back what you sent out. Not to mention the countless times that it
has saved me when trying to put something back together again.  Now if
I could just remember to use it before things were half apart.

  Jay