Commercial participation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Commercial participation
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 10:58:45 -0500 (EST)
Yeah, I know, you're tired of the subject.

I would really like to see a parallel list for commercials/ads, OR (better
yet) like to see suppliers e-mail announcements/ads to those who have
appropriate cars.  I don't know if this fits with a non-commercial
network.  HOWEVER, I sometimes wait months for a really good deal on a
frammis flodger, and I get all excited when Mini-Mania announces frammis
flodgers for 40% off, and I get on the phone PDQ, and get this:  "gee, we
had 20 of those puppies, and they all sold out immediately." I figure guys
in a 100 mile radius of M-M got their catalogues long before me, and got
there first (or maybe M-M is pulling my chain).

ANYHOW, having stuff emailed to me would put me ahead of computer-phobes,
at least, and give me a shot at the loss-leaders.

Ray Gibbons, gettin his mail late in Burlington, VT