Commercial participation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Commercial participation
From: montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 09:11:04 EST
Everyone's got an opinion about this issue.  Some of us have more than one.
I voiced one yesterday to Charles Runyan (he got a fax of the note).  Here's
another.

Ray Gibbons painted a scenario of customer and supplier duking it out on the
list.  I'm sure this can happen.  Anybody who reads Usenet knows this can
and does happen all the time.  It happened over the last couple digests
(mildly) on this list.  This sort of public flammage dampens the quality of
the medium, but I think it's a price that might have to be paid
occasionally.  I personally think it will be an infrequent occurrence, and
with a little friendly persuasion, I think most disputes can and will be
settled over the phone or via email, as Les Synder (I think) suggested.

Overall, I believe the benefits will outweigh the risks.  Besides, we can
always flood the mailboxes of on-the-list flamers... :-)

Skip (montanaro@crd.ge.com)