Re: Commercial participation & flames

To: montanaro@ausable.crd.ge.com
Subject: Re: Commercial participation & flames
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 09:22:27 -0600 (CST)
Skip Montanaro writes >

> Overall, I believe the benefits will outweigh the risks.  Besides, we can
> always flood the mailboxes of on-the-list flamers... :-)

I have long advocated this as the best way to tip off someone that (s)he
is out of line.  If essentially all of us send a PRIVATE email, the abuser
gets the point (and a little hassle, too) and the list does not have to sit
through it all.  Especially in cases of "wasting bandwidth".  It sure
never made any sense to me to take up space on the list to complain about
wasting space on the list.  (So any of you that think that is what I am
doing here...)