Checkbook Restorations

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, sfisher@Megatest.COM
Subject: Checkbook Restorations
From: sfisher@Megatest.COM (Scott Fisher)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 93 15:49:26 PST
In my recent report on the status of the Green Car and the possibility
of a second Green Car coming to Octagons-R-Us, I ended up with the
following comment:

> (I have to say... it's very rewarding to think that the B will run
> again solely because of the effort expended by myself and my friends,
> but it's also very rewarding to finally be in a position where I have
> enough money to tell someone, "Make it go," and then I can drive it
> home.)

I should, at the risk of sounding too full of myself, mention that
I am at least in the position to do this with an M.G. Midget.  I would
*like* to be in a position to do this with, say, an Aston-Martin DB5.
As Torrey is fond of saying, "Yeah, right." :-)

BTW, does anyone *know* -- meaning have you done it yourself or do you
have a primary reference that says for a fact it will work -- whether
you can cross-fit MGB and Midget wire wheels?  I know about the 14"
versus 13" difference, I know about wheel arches, etc. etc. etc.  What
I want to know is about spline count and hub size.  The '70 Midget that
I've made a bid to purchase comes with wire wheels.  It might be fun
to go +1 on them, as I have five MGB wire wheels already.  And of course,
you're way ahead of me if you remember that I also have four 14 x 5.5"
center-lock Minilite replicas.  Now *that* might be fun...

--Scott