Re: British Parts

To: ad793@freenet.carleton.ca, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Parts
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 93 09:23:10 -0800
In message <9312031115.AA24842@freenet.carleton.ca>  writes:

> I see there has been some banter lately about parts prices from merry old
> England.

Stuff deleted

> Seems to me the prices in merry old England are super good
> but the shipping across the pond is a killer.  I'm not sure I have
> explored all the possibilties here so this is my question to you brit car
> folks out there.  Is there some way to get these shocks or any other parts
> for that matter across the pond at a cheaper rate?  If not, then we must
> be content with the prices of parts here.
>
> Frank Condelli * Carp, Ontario, Canada * ad793@Freenet.carlton.ca

Frank,
Your mistake is that you picked heavy things to ship and you did not buy enough.
Shipping is the big equalizer between UK prices and North American prices.  My
method of dealing with this is to save up some money & buy a lot of things so
that the shipping charges can be spread out among a bunch a cheap parts.

The key is volume.  If you just want shocks, you might consider a holiday in the
UK and carry them back with you.  There are many fun spots to visit.

I had my shocks rebult by Apple Hydrolics, in New York. They did an excellent
job.

Take care,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561