LBC sighting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC sighting
From: laurahal@microsoft.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 93 09:06:00 PDT
A major envy scene Friday night: I was at the local supermarket when a
small, *very* low-slung RHD car with a roll bar pulled up. The owner emerged
from the store while I was admiring the car, trying to figure out if it was
a Caterham or a Westfield. Except that it was neither; it was a real Lotus
7.

Drool.

He said the original North American owner brought it over from England,
started to restore it, and lost interest. He got it in pieces for $2000,
completed the restoration, put a slightly hotter cam in the Cortina engine
(130 hp in a 1200 lb car - zoom!), and said the car is an absolute blast to
drive. It's hard to see how it could be otherwise...

...laura