lurker gets GT6+

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: lurker gets GT6+
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Chris Denzler)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 08:14:41 -0700
Well, I picked up the truckload of spares on Saturday and took a brief
inventory.  3 Stromberg 150s, a whole motor just about complete except
little bits, lots of electrics, 2 hatch lids, driver door, 2 driver wing
windows, 2 stock rims, new brake parts, wheel bearings, rotoflexs, a dash,
plastic lens's, interior parts, passenger seat (not stock), etc.  (I meant
to write it all down but forgot as I was slyly tucking all of the stuff into
Mom and Dad's shed when Dad wasn't looking)
  There was a very trick looking intake manifold and I don't know what it is.
The throats are huge and are almost a straight shot into the head.  They taper
down in diameter from the carb to the head, and there was a name cast in that
started with a C.  Sorry I can't recall what it was.  The PO mentioned that at
one time he had a Weber on it.
  I started into fixing the little things, got the motor running better, but
the 175s seem to need tearing down and at least de-gumming.  Someone asked
how the PO got the 175s to fit; he modified the stock manifold by heliarcing
on a pair of 1/4" thick plates and machining those to accept the 175s.  It
has aftermarket filters that are oval shaped, foam, with an inner plastic
cage and an outer chrome mesh with spring retaining clips.  Does anyone know
what these are?  I need a spring retaining clip for one of them and a little
plastic button to cover a hole in the engine side of the back plate.
  Another thing I need is a drivers side seat (only the part your butt sits in)
I can picture that this is probably an impossible thing to find used and in
good condition.
  If any of you GT6ers out there need any parts that I might have, let me
know.   Maybe we could swap some stuff or something.

Also, I now have for sale a book I bought from Lawrence Buja a while back
when I was LBC shopping.  "MG midget and A/H Sprite guide to purchase and
DIY Restoration"  Say $15/offer?

                                   - Chris