LBC sets world record 0-60

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC sets world record 0-60
From: Michael Sands <sands@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 93 09:45:38 -0700
Well, we get back bragging rights!

There was an article in the latest Fast Lane magazine on the magazine's
efforts to set the world's record 0 to 60 mph record.  The record is
validated by Guiness and was previously held by a Ferrari F40.

Oh, the other important parameter in the record is that the car needs
to be currently in production.  What constitutes production is a bit vague,
especially when you consider the F40 and the new title holder.

So what LBC could possibly do this?  (He he, he gleefully wrings his hands...)

The new JPS Caterham sets the 0-60 record in 3.46 seconds!

The Caterham is basically a Lotus Super Seven modification.  It has
been more modified of late, having remained true to the original design
up until 1989.  Lately they have added a new deDion rear, rear disc brakes,
and a modified front suspension.  They have also added several new engines
to the option list.

The new engines are aimed at reducing the emissions but have also added
a lot of power.  The JPS comes with a 2L Vauxhall (SP?) engine producing
over 250hp.  (That is almost 5 lbs per hp!)

So be again proud of your mechanical country of origin!

Michael

(Of course it helps me tremendously!  Now when people pull up next to me
and ask me if I am driving a kit car, I can respond with pride.  Further
conversation will divulge that a car similar to mine just set the world's
record.  I will only be stretching the truth slightly... and my ownership
of a kit car will be justified.)