lurker gets GT6+

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: lurker gets GT6+
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Chris Denzler)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1993 08:04:43 -0700
Well, I picked the car up Wednesday night.  The interior is trash, and the
exterior is not pretty, but the drivetrain and suspension are pretty sweet.
Things that need to be done right away are:
  1.  Fix the brakes.  They are horrible, but the rotors look nice and
      servicable.  Could the pads just be from the 2+ years of sitting?
      I figger maybe the rubber needs to be replaced, too.  The fluid looked
      brand new, and I'm pretty sure the PO didn't touch it when he ressurrect-
      ed the car from storage.
  2.  Fix the fuel line, which sprung a leak in the metal hose right under-
      neath the drivers knees.  (I hacked it to drive it home with a hose
      clamp and a piece of split fuel line. )
  3.  Go over the ignition.  I pulled the distributor cap off and couldn't
      believe the car runs as well as it does.  Cap and rotor are shot, and
      maybe the advance, too.
  4.  A half dozen little things, like wiring up the headlight switch,
      tightening misc stuff, etc.

I pick up the full complement of spares and junk tomorrow.  (about half
usable and half junk.)  There's a bunch of interior stuff, block, 3 hatch lids,
door, new rotors, rotoflex's, etc.  A whole van full of stuff.

Thanks to those of you who sent advice and encouragement.

                                    - Chris