Re: Midget Turn Signal Switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget Turn Signal Switch
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1993 14:38:16 CDT
Keith writes:
> So, how many SOLers have pozidriv screwdrivers?  I don't know about other
> marques, but those things that look like phillips on MG's aren't.  They're
> pozidriv, a better fastener.  The ones I removed from Biscuit's cowling were
> almost totally rounded inside, but the pozidriv got them out.

What's the difference between Phillips and Pozidrive? (sp?) Does Pozidrive
have narrower flutes, or something like that? I have sometimes fudged the
matter on my cars by using a No. 1 Phillips, which is kind of thinner and
pointier than the ever-popular No. 2. There have been times when I thought
I was looking at a Pozidrive screw but couldn't really tell the difference.

I may figure this out for myself real soon. I just acquired one of those
multi-tip accessory sets with eight zillion attachments for my Skil Super-
Twist power screwdriver. (Absolutely amazing tool, btw, not to be confused
with the somewhat anemic original Skil Twist.) The accessory set comes with
a set of Pozidrive tips for it; these appear to be standard issue in power
screwdriver accessory packs these days.

-- Andy