Midget Turn Signal Switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Turn Signal Switch
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1993 20:48:01 -0500 (CDT)
While Michelle is in Europe as part of a school program, I've been trying
to get her Midget 'Biscuit' ready to go.  The turn signal switch isn't up
to factory specs.  The high beam control doesn't work at all.  I have a new,
one.

so after removing the steering column so I can get to the screws that hold
the cowling on, and cursing the PO who tried to remove the cowling's pozidriv
screws with a phillips (the same PO who didn't replace the nut on the steering
column pinch bolt), I finally got to the switch.

Ya gotta remove the steering wheel to get the switch off.  I'd love to sit down
and have a discussion with the moron, eh  *nice engineer* who thought that up.

Biscuit is a 1979 model, which means that the wheel is completely covered in
some rubber-plastic something, so I'm afraid of using a wheel puller for fear
of mucking the wheel.  I'll just have to see what I can find.

So, how many SOLers have pozidriv screwdrivers?  I don't know about other
marques, but those things that look like phillips on MG's aren't.  They're
pozidriv, a better fastener.  The ones I removed from Biscuit's cowling were
almost totally rounded inside, but the pozidriv got them out.  I easily
lossened the big screws that hold the B's doors on with the proper pozidriv
screwdriver.  The only place that I've seen them for sale is Seven Enterprises.
I've been slowly replacing the screwed screws on my cars with new ones, and
since I've got the proper tools I don't have to worry about them being
destroyedagain.

Safety Fast,

Keith