TR7/8 Turn Signal Cancelling

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, joeg@sr.hp.com
Subject: TR7/8 Turn Signal Cancelling
From: GORIN_JOE/HP5300_A0@opnmail2.corp.hp.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 93 21:41:00 +0000
In my TR7, the turn signals (direction indicators) due not turn off
(cancel) unless the turn radius is unusually small--smaller than
normally seen in even residential driving.  I was able to get a
peak at the hardware that misaccomplishes this function when the
area around the steering wheel was partially disassembled.  I could
not see anything broken or wrong.  Therefore, I expect that they
all misbehave similarly.  Is my car broken?  Has anyone come up
with a design improvement that they would like to recommend?

--Joe Gorin   joeg@sr.hp.com  '80 TR7 Convertible