Miq Millman Lunch Thursday

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Miq Millman Lunch Thursday
From: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 93 14:17:11 PDT
Again, my apologies to those of you in Australia, Ithaca, and
even Salt Lake City ("Salt Lake CITY?") for cluttering up the
list with San Fran Bay Area messages.

More info on the Miq Millman lunch visit:  It's scheduled for
Thursday, time flexible, probably ongoing between 11:30 and 1:30,
drop in and say hi.  But there's a special activity!

We'll be meeting at Slot Car City raceway, on El Camino Real
at the corner of Grant Road in Mt. View.  There are a couple
of places right nearby that sell products that almost remind
me of food, one a Burger King and one a Round Table; but Miq
is bringing his cars, I'll bring a couple of mine, and we
can play with small, very very fast toy automobiles.  (How
fast?  I've got one that will go from 0 to just shy of 50 in
55 feet and just over 1 second -- and no, that's not 50
scale miles per hour, that's actual speed.  The record on
the dragstrip is 105 mph in, if memory serves. .595 second.
Amazing.)  I'll be sure to bring my two Lotuses, the Lotus 49
and the Lotus 40 sports-racer, and I'll try to put the Cobra
together to keep Roland motivated...

More details will follow if the time changes, but once again,
send me mail or call me at (408) 437-3141 for questions etc.

--Scott "When the SCCA classes electric cars, I'll have a head start" Fisher