Re: wipers

To: Mark_Banaszak-Holl@brown.edu
Subject: Re: wipers
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 93 16:41:52 pdt
> Date: Mon, 21 Jun 93 19:08:24 -0400
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> From: Mark_Banaszak-Holl@brown.edu
> Subject: wipers
>
> Increasing the spring tension on the bow should be easy enough.
> But, the blades fall apart quickly already.  No one makes such
> teeny holders for the blades anymore.  Perhaps one can cut down
> some other car's refills.  That's really why I posted.  Hopefully someone
> has
> determined a good source for the refill that works well.

I tried increasing the tension on snake's wipers but nothing worked.
Finally I replaced the entire arm and blade assemblies on both sides.
Apparently Lucas used stadard size drive splines because I bought
the replacements at K-Mart.  Replacing the whole works allows to use
a different type of blade too.  Keep you old parts for the concours
judge.