T7 and Bowie Auto Show

Subject: T7 and Bowie Auto Show
From: "Gregory T. Fieldson" <krikor@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1993 20:00:41 -0400
Well,
If I manage to make it to the auto show in Bowie (I'll be looking for Scotty,
and Paul and Dean...), it probably won't be in an lbc.

A little bit of working this (typically unpleasant Washington double 90's)
weekend leads me to believe that my starter solenoid is OK.  That is, it
pulls in properly when on the car, and the contacts for the starter are closed
when it is in (engaged) off the car.

On the other hand, I find that the starter motor does nothing but eat current
when it is hooked up directly to my auxiliary battery.  (Always keep a charged
spare in the garage! )  I guess that my solenoid did not fry, but that the
starter motor has.  I haven't tried the starter off the car, so I am also
assuming that something really awful hasn't happened to the engine which
prevents the starter from working.  This seem logical, as the last time I ran
the car (now over a month :-( ) it had no problems.

I wish I could just call up the local parts houses, get laughed at for wanting
a Triumph part, and then order an overnight starter from TRF, but I have a
minor financial problem.

I may try to cajole some money out of the Bank of Dad (who probably can't
believe that a 27 year old could still be a poor student...) and pull a
late night work session on Friday, so I can roll on Saturday.

Still hoping to see people in Bowie.
(The whereabouts I have not been told of,  Paul? Scotty? Dean? Anyone?)

Greg Fieldson, fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu