Re: TR7/8 5 speed gearbox oil

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV,
Subject: Re: TR7/8 5 speed gearbox oil
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 93 17:18 EDT
     Every time we get on gear oils, transmission oil, and motor oil,
I always have the feeling that we're not speaking the same language.
Someone on the net straightened this out once before but it is really
confusing.  I use 20W50 motor oil in my Mercedes Diesel.  It is a pretty
heavy oil.  One would think that MTL 90W oil and 80W90 oil are REAL
thick.  I used Redline MTL (75W80W) and it has the viscosity of warm
honey !  I wondered why it wasn't thicker !  I would think 90W motor oil would
be realllll thick.
one of life's mysteries...I guess.....

Don Mathis