Re: Happy Motoring!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Happy Motoring!
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 10:16:54 CDT
Bob T. writes:
> The way things are going, Lotus will have folded by the time I'm able to
> go for a factory tour. (I couldn't get a tour in '89 due to the prolonged
> release of the M-100 Elan).

Hmph. I couldn't get a tour in '88 because they were "remodeling". I wonder
if they have a daily tearoff pad inside the little guardhouse at the front
drive labeled "Today's Excuse for Getting Rid of Yankee Tourists". :-)

BTW, (as this is a non-LBC item, I figured I should just hang it on an LBC
item...) a blurb in today's Chicago Sun-Times, credited to Autoweek, says
that Mazda has just put on display a prototype of a fixed-head Miata coupe.
This is presumably aimed at those drivers we were discussing recently who
drive their Miatas with the top up, apparently because they like having a
sports car but don't want all that yucky outside air getting in.

-- Andy