Re: Happy Motoring!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Happy Motoring!
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1993 15:58:47 CDT
Garry Archer Esq. (archer@hsi.com) writes:
> Well, me company (see sig) is sending me to Jolly Olde England for three
> weeks.  I'll be leaving Friday June 18th, returning Thursday July 8th.
> The best part is, the office I'll be based in, in Loughborough, Leicester-
> shire (pronounced Luffbruh, Lesstershur), is only 16 miles from me parents
> in Woodville, Derbyshire (Wudville, Darbyshur).

ARRRGHH! *splutter*  I was _born_ in Loughborough, and I want to go back...
Actually my family lived in Quorn (KwooOOOORN :-), about 3 miles outside
of town. Haven't been back to the area since the early '70's, unfortunately.
Have many fond memories of riding my big British tricycle (with the boot in
between the back wheels) around the corner of our street. With good traction
I could get it up on two wheels...

Do me a favor: stop by 35 Toller Road in Quorn and see if the current owners
have still got the front door painted purple. Tell 'em the son of the PO is
not happy about that.  :-)

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473