Re: Heater Valve to Core hose for Series II E type, Exhaust manifolds

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Valve to Core hose for Series II E type, Exhaust manifolds
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1993 10:08:05 CDT
-Lar writes:
> so I'm looking for a source of hose that I can bend in tight bends
> without kinking.  Local auto parts places all have the same
> red stuff... would metal mesh inside the hose help?

Keep looking; there are two options out there:

1) There is indeed a type of heater hose with molded-in windings of
some sort that prevent kinking at very tight radii, although you do
pay dearly for the stuff. (In Chicago, I've only seen it at Lee Stone
Automotive, Dempster Street in Niles.) Sorry, haven't got any further
details on this.

2) The local NAPA place sold me a short preformed heater hose segment
molded into a simple 90-degree bend with about 4" of straight at each
end. Perfect fit on my V6 Cutlass where the hose must duck under the
alternator, hang a right and connect to the water pump. NAPA had a
small variety of simple preformed shapes that you could string together
as required using barrel connectors and hose clamps. Worked nicely.
(BTW, the parts are black rubber, not red, if appearance is important...)

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473