Re: Wiper Water

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiper Water
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1993 10:20:29 CDT
Roland writes:
>> From: cp@cardinal.ms.sub.org (Chris Pallasch)
>> Subject: Wiper Water
>>
>> This water-tank is not a plastic box, it's some kind of bag, the size
>> is about A5 and it's fitted by two hooks.
>
> What size does A5 refer too?  This water bag sounds very similar to the
> one in my Cobra.

Chris, I think the term you were looking for was "reservoir". Sometimes
the car manufacturer may stamp their own brand name on the part, however:
"Vizi-clear", or something like that.

Roland, "A5" is an international standard size, commonly (usually?)
(always?) applied to stationery or other two-dimensional stuff. I don't
have a piece of A5 paper handy, but a sheet of A3 I have here is roughly
11" x 16 1/2". Our office copier has a measurement scale alongside the
copying glass which indicates that A4 is about 8 1/4" x 11 3/4". I'd guess
that A5 might be about 6" x 8". (I suppose these are all nice round metric
measurements, but I only have a Yankee ruler :-)

>From the description, it does sound like the '60's Ford reservoir would
fit nicely.

-- Andy