Re: RE: Moss Motors & clunks

To: DSTONE@SC9.intel.com
Subject: Re: RE: Moss Motors & clunks
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 93 14:09:45 pdt
> Date: Wed, 2 Jun 93 13:01:09 PDT
> From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
> Subject: RE: Moss Motors & clunks
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net, 71664.320@CompuServe.COM
>
>      I would be so concerned w/2-3" of driveshaft freeplay
>      plus a "clunk" that I would not *even* attempt to drive
>      the car until I fixed it.

When I saw 2-3" of play, my reaction was the same as Daren's; but then
I thought, what the hell do I know about an MGB.  Maybe the driveshaft
flanges are 50' in diameter.  Anyway, glad to see my reaction wasn't
out in left field.

One more suggestion: mark both flanges before disconnecting
the shaft.  2-3" could mean plus or minus a bolt hole or two.  The bolts
should go through the same holes when they are re-installed to maintain
balance.