Moss Motors & clunks

To: British-Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss Motors & clunks
From: chris saulnier <71664.320@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Jun 93 14:31:26 EDT
I have been lurking for the last couple of months and decided to
come out of the trunk (boot).

I was wondering if there were any other SOLers planning on
attending Moss Motors' MG Day this Saturday.  I will be making the
trip from LA (South Bay) to Goleta in my '68 MGB.  It would be nice
to meet up.

I have had my B since October and have enjoyed it through: a new
head (the car not mine), tyres, carb rebuild (via. the Moss video),
cables, etc.  Is there any advice on a clunking rear end.  I jacked
up the car and all bolts and shocks are secure.  The drive shaft
has about 2-3" of rotating freeplay and I can hear the "clunk" at
the end of the freeplay.  Should I be concerned about this?  I have
heard that this was usual for a B.  If not what are the steps to
correct?

Thanks