Re: MGB:Anti-sway bar,trip, and bolt circles

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com
Subject: Re: MGB:Anti-sway bar,trip, and bolt circles
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 93 09:08:37 PDT
Phil Ethier (phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov) writes:
> Andrew C. Green added +
>> +Wasn't the Chevy Vega also mentioned?
>
> The Vega/Sunbird/Monza clan had 4" bolt circle, and some of the wheels were
> 6" wide.  This is the same as a Midget, not a B.
>
>> +If so, the Chevette may also qualify.
>
> Nope, the Chevette is an Opel Kadette, and has 100mm bolt circle. I don't
> know about the ORIGINAL Chevette, but since that had a mid-mounted V-8,
> I guess it doesn't count :-)

Huh? (head spins several times...) Let me back up and start again... I was
thinking that the Chevy Vega and the _Chevy_ Chevette used the same bolt
circles. Maybe so, maybe not. I have owned both, though not at the same time
(that would be too depressing), and they sure _looked_ the same.
     >>I once put a took a set of rims off a girlfriend's
     chevette and put them on my sprite. Also, I'd  question
     the likelihood of a major auto manufacturer producing cars
     with both a 4 x 4" and a 4 x 3.93" bolt pattern. Never
     know tho' ...

There is also a _Vauxhall_ Chevette in England, just to muddy the waters
even more, which doesn't seem to share sheet metal with any of the others.
     >>A question for those inclined for trivia - wasn't Mad
     Max's car in the first episode a Vauxhall Chevette ? If
     so, it certainly wasn't mid-engined.

4) Which, if any, carries the same bolt circle as the Vega?
     >>Spridgets; 4 x 4".

       cheers-
              dstone

From  rwg1@postoffice.mail.cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:33:32 2001