Re: MGB:Anti-sway bar,trip, and bolt circles

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB:Anti-sway bar,trip, and bolt circles
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1993 18:01:12 CDT
Phil Ethier (phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov) writes:
> Andrew C. Green added +
>> +Wasn't the Chevy Vega also mentioned?
>
> The Vega/Sunbird/Monza clan had 4" bolt circle, and some of the wheels were
> 6" wide.  This is the same as a Midget, not a B.
>
>> +If so, the Chevette may also qualify.
>
> Nope, the Chevette is an Opel Kadette, and has 100mm bolt circle. I don't
> know about the ORIGINAL Chevette, but since that had a mid-mounted V-8,
> I guess it doesn't count :-)

Huh? (head spins several times...) Let me back up and start again... I was
thinking that the Chevy Vega and the _Chevy_ Chevette used the same bolt
circles. Maybe so, maybe not. I have owned both, though not at the same time
(that would be too depressing), and they sure _looked_ the same.

Now, I thought the Chevy Chevette was an American creation courtesy of the
Design Center in Warren, Michigan, not a derivation of an Opel Kadette.
There is also a _Vauxhall_ Chevette in England, just to muddy the waters
even more, which doesn't seem to share sheet metal with any of the others.

1) So, which came first: Chevy Chevette, Opel Kadette or Vauxhall Chevette?
2) Is there yet another Chevette somewhere? (If so, why? :-)
3) Which one had the mid-mounted V-8 you referred to?
4) Which, if any, carries the same bolt circle as the Vega?
5) Which is related to the others, if any?
6) And is anyone still reading this claptrap by now?

-- Andy