Re: Rover Car info

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover Car info
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uu.psi.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1993 16:09:38 CDT
John Kissane (kissanej@glas.rtsg.mot.com) writes:
> This is a list of current Rover cars in case anyone is interested....
>
> Name            Engine Range            0-60 Range
>
> Mini            1275 cc                 13.4-11.5
> Metro (Petrol)  1120-1396 cc            14.4-8.6

Are they still making the MG Metro? I hired one back in the '80's from
Wadham-Stringer and thought it was rather fun. When I picked it up they
said "We're terribly sorry about the rear bumper; it seems that the pre-
vious customer tore the end off and we haven't had time to repair it."
I thought, "Hmmm. Sounds like a fun car!".

I also met a couple of MG Metro _Turbo_ owners at a pub in Clacton. When
inspecting the turbo engine, I was pleased to see that BL, at that time
(circa 1985), had forsaken the Military Shades of Paint Re-Use Panel and
was experimenting with shiny aluminum manifolds trimmed in bright red paint.

> Montego (P)     1994 cc                 9.8

Drove the estate version of this on our honeymoon in 1988. Proved to
have excellent engine response for Flying Peugeot Avoidance, but that
is another story... ;-)

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473