Re: Re: Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE

To: Zahid Ahsanullah <zahid@serval.sps.mot.com>, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Re: Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 92 11:17:37 EDT
> What is considered the right side of the car? are you supposed to be
> facing the car from the front to determine this or is it the other
> way around.

Car "left", "right", "front", "rear", "up", and "down" are all relative to the
driver when seated in the drivers seat. The "up" and "down" relative directions
are included for reference in inverted positions (not too often, though,
please).

> I did find out though that if you are facing the car from the front,
> the knockoff on the front wheel on the right side of the car is labelled
> LEFT (near) SIDE and the rear is labelled RIGHT (off) SIDE.

Your rear hubs are on the wrong sides.

--
---
John R. Lupien