Re: Re: Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Re: Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE
From: zahid@serval.sps.mot.com (Zahid Ahsanullah)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 92 09:48:17 CDT

Andrew Green confirms Rolands suspicions:

Roland writes:
>On my snake both right-side hubs have left-hand threads.  I assume
>that's standard for Brit car knock-offs.

What is considered the right side of the car? are you supposed to be
facing the car from the front to determine this or is it the other
way around. I apologise for being so picky but if I screw up on this
I might total the car plus some other stuff :-)
I did find out though that if you are facing the car from the front,
the knockoff on the front wheel on the right side of the car is labelled
LEFT (near) SIDE and the rear is labelled RIGHT (off) SIDE. On the left
side of the car, the front wheel is labelled RIGHT (off) SIDE and the rear
LEFT (near) SIDE. So guys are right that the hub has been put in wrong
but which is the left side and which is the right side?

Best Wishes
Zahid