Miata Maintenance

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata Maintenance
From: djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov (Daniel J. Dasaro)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 17:46:31 -0700
Following up on the Miata thread, I may have a case where they exceeded
the lbc philosophy.  A friend of mine just brought his Miata in for the
30,000 mile checkup, the car has about 35k on it.  He doesn't know a
piston from a tailpipe but from what he relayed to me it sounds like they
had to replace the head gasket!  He did just take a cross-country-and-
back trip where he ran the car at about 100mph in hot weather at times so
that may have contributed a bit more than normal wear.

But still...