TR-4 alternator conversion. was GT6...

To: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Subject: TR-4 alternator conversion. was GT6...
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 31 Jul 1992 23:45 EDT
>Speaking of Alternators, anyone know of a source for the Lucas alternator
>conversion kits for the early TR's I have a TR4A that loves to eat
>generators, probably due to the driving lights and high power stereo system.

I don't recall anything about a Lucas conversion kit, but I've
seen several TR3/4s with alternator conversions based on Toyota
and Ford alternators.  Bob Schaller in the "Desert Center Chapter
of VTR" (Phoenix, AZ) has written a book that contains the conversion
info.  I belive the book "Triumph Workshop" is available from the
Roadster Factory for about $10.

Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com