items from britcar digest

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: items from britcar digest
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.spd.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 17:36:00 PDT
ITEM 1
| | From: martine@informix.com
| |
| | My GT6+ came with a bent and slightly torn front bumper (bumper
| | fits, but looks kinda shabby).  Since the bumper rides above (and
| | kinda over) the turn signals, I've been thinking about running
| | without it.
my tail of wo:
my gt6 is a very pretty car (and fast). It has a rosewood dash, leather seats
a fairly new interior new engine, transmission and diff, and it had a
new paint job.

A couple of months ago I got it together in time to run at a two day
event at SearsPoint raceway. I was short on time and leaving the front
bumper off would save weight and improve the balance anyway. So my wife
and I ran the event and another a few weeks later at LagunaSeca. Dispite
a couple of spectular spins on our part and several near miss's on other
peoples part, we got home with no damage. As I parked the car in front of
the house I vowed to put the bumper on the next day. As I opened the
front door of my house I heard a little clunk and turned to see that
my gt6 had roled 10 feet (on nearly level ground) and now gently rested
against the backbumper (little vertical things) of one of my tr3s. The
dent in the hood of the gt6 was only about the size of a golf ball,
but its right in the front edge. Even putting the bumper back on didn't
cover it.   8^(

The reason the bumper was raised on the gt6+ and gt6 markIII is because
the bumper on the early cars goes right under the back bumper of any
other car. If the gt6 is braking at the time it's bumper will be
several inches lower.

| | Another quickie; why are there so few gt6's?  Are they the
| | scourge of the triumph line, or what?  I think the car has great
| | lines.
me too. I have 5 of them at the moment. Two mark I, two gt6+ and a mark III.
I think one of the things that may have limited sales is that anyone who
is larger then average or who has large feet can't drive it.

ITEM 2
| | ------------------------------
| | Back on page 9 of the June issue under the heading of "Minor News"
|(newsletter
| | of the Morris Minor Registry) they reported on the 13th Annual British
| | Car Meet at El Camino Park in Palo Alto on 8 September 1991 (800 British
| | cars!!!).  They were mentioning the variety of cars there and continued,
| | "the Triumph folks brought out almost as many globe-badged beauties,
| | featuring examples of erotica like an early Mayflower saloon and Richard
| | Nyquist's award-winning 1800 'dickey seat' roadster."   Is this our own
| | Dick Nyquist, I wonder?  Hmmm, Dick wasn't on the 1992 survey, so I checked
| | the 1991 survey:
| |
| | MAKE              MODEL                  YEAR     COND
| | - ------------------------------------------------------
| | Triumph           1800, rdstr            '48      2/3 tho it has won every
| |                                                       time shown
| |
| | Sure seems like Dick's car to me! |
| |
| | Garry Archer Esq.   archer@hsi.com
| |

I'm afraid it's not just an ugly roomer
OK, my secret is out, I dabble in erotic cars
At the All British meet in 1990 it was selected "Peoples Choice"
against some very nice exotica. (old Rolls's, Aston Martins, etc). Nice
silver bowl out of which we drank beer at the party afterwards. Last year
we didn't put a number on it so we didn't compete.

By the way, I have a couple of nice photos of it if some one wants to "GIF"
them.