temperature

To: DSTONE@libra.intel.com
Subject: temperature
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1992 16:30:04 -0700
Daren scribed:>

>     cast-iron), anything above 200 would be the worry
>     range, anything above 220 would be the pull over range,
>     and when you can light a cigaret on the floorboards, go
>     to the fire station.

If I can light my cigarette on the floor board of the car I'm afraid it
is time to bail at speed, I'm not taking the time to pull over and stop.
I'm plain going to get up and jump out, with possibly flaming shoes, at
the very least smoking soles.

BTW what would be the symptoms of an engine that had been overheated to
the point of damage?

Since my car overheated last weekend, I would like to know what to look
for. It is not smoking, the oil consumption did not increase, there is
no anitfreeze in the oil, and oil in the antifreeze. So did I get
extremely lucky or is something real heinous going to happen soon? In
fact the car is actually running better now than it has since I brought
the car to Phoenix. I have not done a compression check since this
happened, fearing that I might find something really bad, that means BIG
$$$.

I'm thinking that maybe I might want to pull the head and take a peek,
and maybe take it to a machine shop to see if in fact the head is warped.

So what be the opinions of y'all out there?

Bruce...