Miata Mystery

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata Mystery
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 16:46:57 pdt
A couple of weeks ago Jerry Kaidor mentioned seeing a dead Miata parked
along the Bayshore freeway near Palo Alto.  About a month earlier I saw
one stalled on the same freeway, but farther south near Gilroy.  I
wonder if it was the same Miata or if Mazda has truly capture the
complete essence of the LBC.

Now that we're in the middle of convertible season I seen lots of Miatas
parked with their tops down.  I have yet to see one with a tonneau
cover.  Since most of them seem to have black interiors I would think
the hot sun would be mighty hard on the vinyl upholstery, not to mention a
bit sizzling to the owner's backside.  Do Miatas come with tonneau
covers or has Mazda come up with a break through in seat cover
technology?

Roland