temperature

To: sabbott@nmsu.edu
Subject: temperature
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1992 15:59:41 -0700
Yeh, I like to know this also. And also how long does one have after it
hits the red mark on the temp gauge. I know, I know, I should have
gauges that register temp, volts, true oil pressure and all, but I don't
fix things that aren't broke. And if the supplied devices in said
vehicle work why replace them with something that is going to cost more
money, and only provide at best more discouraging news, by being more
precise.

I really would like an answer here, as I'm sure that Sean does too. We
both live in a desert community where temps in excess of 105degs is quite
common.

I run a with a thermostat with the guts removed, and that appears to
solve some of the heat issues but the range that I operate in is quite
wide. During the daytime the car runs from mid-range on the stock gauge
to 3/4 deflection. During the nighttime it operates from 1/3 deflection
to just a touch over mid-range, these depend on how hard I drive the car.

Bruce...