RE: temperature

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, sabbott@NMSU.Edu
Subject: RE: temperature
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 92 13:22:00 PDT
>sean asks:
>Im wondering what 'normal' temperatures are for an LBC.  I know
>tr7's run hot but I wanna know when I should start to worry, pull
>over, drive to the fire station, etc...

     I'm sure the owner's manual would indicate preferred
     operating range, but assuming you don't have this
     handy I'd say that depending on the material
     composition of the engine in question  (ie, I'd be more
     concerned about an engine with major aluminum
     components running warm that I would one comprised of
     cast-iron), anything above 200 would be the worry
     range, anything above 220 would be the pull over range,
     and when you can light a cigaret on the floorboards, go
     to the fire station.

          cheers-
                 ds (fully expecting conflicting opinions)