Re: GT6 Electrical problem-sort of solved.

To: british-cars@hoosier, frankel@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
Subject: Re: GT6 Electrical problem-sort of solved.
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 15:34:09 PDT
> Adam asks:

>Are the low profile BMW batteries genuine BMW or aftermarket?

Either, Sears sells them as does Kragen and Grand Auto.  Since there are only a
handful of battery makers in the US, there are probably other brands as well.
Just ask for a battery for an early BMW 320i (1977-78).  Mine cost about $38,
at Kragen for 40 month batt.  They were supposed to charge me about $5 more for
the low profile, since ther's more plates in it, but they didn't so I didn't
complain.  If you get it in a Die Hard, it's about $70.  I got one of those
once, but since I live in a warm climate (Santa Cruz,CA), I buy 36 or 40 month
batteries and they last about 6 years.

Mike G.