GT6 Electrical problem-sort of solved.

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: GT6 Electrical problem-sort of solved.
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 07:47:42 PDT
I've been kind of busy since we moved our operation to a new building, so I
wasn't able to reply back anytime soon.  Thanks
for all the replies on the electrical problem I had (ignition light on all the
time, battery dead).  I put a meter on the battery with the car running, stayed
at 12.5 volts all the time.  I wiggled the connector on the alternator and it
jumped up to 13.5 volts.  Now it's working....  Cleaned the connector which was
kind of grungy and havn't had a problem with it in a week.  Previous to that
problem, the car was kind of slow turning over when hot.  The battery was
6 years old, not bad for a $30 Grand Auto special, so I figured it was time to
replace it.  I had a new battery for our BMW that I hadn't used, so I cleaned
all the battery/starter/solenoid connections and put that one in.  I don't know
if anyone has used a BMW battery, but they're low profile, about 30% shorter
than a standard battery and it fits perfect.  The choke cable and heater hose
don't get in the way of the positive terminal and the bonnet brace doesn't rub
the battery anymore.  BTW, I bought the battery at Kragen.  No more hot hard
starting problems.  One last trivia question, what does the M on the bonnet
latches mean?

Mike G.