Re: recent trip to Smoky Mtns

To: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com
Subject: Re: recent trip to Smoky Mtns
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 12:59:30 CDT
T.J. Higgins writes >

>"James Bond Secret Agent 007 Customized Aston-Martin DB-5

>This car was used in the movies 'Goldfinger' and 'Thunderball.'  Has:
>Opening Roof & Ejector Seat, Bullet Shield, Telescopic Over-Riders,
>Retractable Machine Guns, Revolving Number Plates, Tire Cutters, Radar
>Scanner & Screen, Telephone.

The amazing part is that at the time "Goldfinger was made, everything on the
car really worked except for the retractable "Ben-Hur" knock-off caps.  They
had to fake that for "Goldfinger".  When the car was brought to the USA on a
promo tour, ATF required that they disable the Vickers machine guns, as they
had no permit for automatic weapons.

By contrast, we all know damned well that that Lotus can't really fly!

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org (infrequent mail checks)
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (lists go here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman