re: GT6+ history lesson

To: infmx!martine@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: re: GT6+ history lesson
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 31 Jul 1992 13:53 EDT
>While having Tranch looked at by the guy who does body work, he
>took a look in the engine compartment and remarked, "Put on
>an alternator, eh?"
>
>I didn't do a thing (musta been the P.O.); is it normal for GT6's
>to have generators instead of alternators?  And, what's the
>pros/cons of each?  Thanks!
>
> Later,
>   Martine

I guess the early GT-6 had a generator as did the Spitfires and
TR series until the introduction of the TR-250.  I'd guess
(without looking anything up) that the GT-6 (and Spitfire) went
to a generator around the same time as the introduction of
the TR-250 (1968) which only came equipped with an alternator.

Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com