Re: Any advice for a Novice British Car Owner??

To: Scott Currier <h2-7.Auto-trol.COM!scocur@auto-trol.com>,
Subject: Re: Any advice for a Novice British Car Owner??
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 10:27:01 EDT
> Let me introduce you to my latest:  a 1972 Silver Shadow LWB.

The Doctor ('72 GT6 MkIII) sends his complements to a contemporaneous
"classmate", albeit from a perhaps less exclusive "school".

> When I saw that 6.75 V-8 with the swin SU's, I just fell in love, and
> knew I had to play with it.

I feel much the same about the engines in my care...

> So, what have I gotten myself in for?  Will I love this type
> of car, or learn to rue the day I picked her up?

You must be an optimist, or you wouldn't have bought the car.
Don't let those nagging voices of doubt and despair cloud your
reason: a well-maintained car is a thing of beauty and a joy forever.
Even if it might not be appropriate to drive it to the corner store
for milk purchases (as when, for instance, the carburettors are in
pieces all over the kitchen table), remember to draw strength from
your pride in playing such a crucial role in the survival of your
vehicle. As The Doctor would say, "Care for a jelly baby?"

> BTW, the swin SU's above should have read twin SU's...

Oh, well then: I thought that "swin" might be related to "swork",
which many of us do often.

--
---
John R. Lupien