stuck pistons, kroil

To: britcars@red4est.felton.ca.us
Subject: stuck pistons, kroil
From: lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us
Date: Thu Jul 23 10:52:49 PDT 1992
There is a thread unlocker called kroil.  I had received
several ads for it at work but never tried it.  I was recently
talking to someone who swears by the stuff. says it works
wonders.  I don't know how it differs from other
penetrating oils.

Another thing you may want to try is to fab up some sort of
mount to try using a hydraulic bottle jack to push the pistons
out.  Maybe a plate with some hole and some long bolts.
Bolt the plate to the top of the block, just tall enough to put
the jack in (upside down) and push the pistons out that way.

   lrc