Re: New MGB

To: pwv@tc.fluke.com, sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Re: New MGB
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 92 11:16:55 -0700
Well Scott, I did hear one story about a lost shipment of Britcars packed
in cosmline.

The story I heard was about a shipment of MGs and AH100s bound for Australia
in the fiftys.  There was evidently a problem with the export papers and the
shippment got unloaded from the ship in San Francisco unitl the paperwork
got cleared. The cars were stored somewhere in Half Moon Bay.  The paper
work evidently never got cleared and the exact location of the cars were
lost.

SSoo maybe, sitting at the back of a barn in Half Moon Bay is a number of
boxes, each containing a new right hand drive MGTC or AH100.

I overheard this story at a Brit swap meet while listening in to a
conversation going on behind me.

Scott, while on the subject of strange things, what is the story of a
national MGB meet at the Palo Alto All British car meet??????????

If it is happening, I would like to volunteer to lead one of my famous
(at least within  the TR club) tours of the Santa Cruz mountians on Sat, the
day befor the field meet.

TeriAnn