GT6 leaf spring & EZ bleed.

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: GT6 leaf spring & EZ bleed.
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 92 07:26:38 PDT
Well, coming back from sabbatical was a real drag (sigh). The GT6 started right
up after sitting for a month, but the brake pedal went right to the floor.  No
fluid in the front part of the master cylinder.  Of course I needed to drive
the car to work the next day.  I bled the brakes and had good pedal, but it was
time for a new MC.  After coming home from work the next day, my wife sez the
car looks like it's leaning really bad on the drivers side, especially when I'm
in it.  I poke my head under the rear of the car & damn, the leaf spring is
snapped near the differential.  First time I ever saw a broken leaf.  After a
bunch of phone calls, a local parts place found a brand new one on the east
coast.  I also found a couple of used ones, but getting a used one and then
having a spring shop go through it and re-arch cost more than the new one.  So I
ordered the new one and plan on putting it in this weekend along with a new MC.
The procedure to replace the spring looks pretty straight-forward, but are
there any gotchas or anything else I should replace while I'm in there?  Also,
I'm going to stop at Bonnet classics and pick up an EZ Bleed for the MC swap.
Do I need to modify an old MC lid to use it? It doesn't look like it comes with
anything that'll fit the tandem type MC's (the ones with the large plastic
screw top).  Well, back to work.

Mike G.
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com