wishful thinking (was: new MGB)

To: british-cars@hoosier (SOL list)
Subject: wishful thinking (was: new MGB)
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 92 9:41:13 CDT
Scott Fisher writes:
> I dunno.  I thought I liked MGBs more than anyone in the world; I hope
> I'll always have this one.  But if I were planning to spend $42,000 on a
> car, well, we've DONE that one, haven't we?  (E Type coupe and Caterham
> Seven, for those just joining the list...)

Interesting you mention this.  At our club meeting, one of the
standing agenda items is to have each person introduce themselves and
say what British car(s) they own.  At our most recent meeting, we did
something a little different.  Instead of saying what they own, each
person said what they would own if they could have any car, regardless
of price.  Quite a wide variety of cars were mentioned.  Our prez
picked Aston-Martin DB5.  Several people picked Lotus Super Seven.
One Rolls-Royce Corniche and many Jag E-type roadsters were wished
for.  One guy, who has a Westfield 11, picked a "real Lotus Eleven."
Another person picked a Bugeye Sprite.  A couple of people wished only
that the cars they have now were in good running condition.  Yours
truly wishes for one of those brand-new Jensen Interceptor
convertibles.  In any case, this was one of the most interesting and
fun things we have done at a club meeting in a long time.
--
T.J. Higgins | higgins@ingr.com | Intergraph Mapping Sciences | Huntsville, AL
"There is nothing for a case of nerves like a case of beer." -- Joan Goldstein