Rochdales Again

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Rochdales Again
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 92 15:13 EDT
Joh writes :
> Yeah, the (Rochdale) GT was sold as a body to fit onto Ford Popular
> chassis.  This particular car was in the process of being grafted onto a
> TR-3 chassis, which ought to be interesting.

I knew when I first read this, that there was something peculiar about what
John wrote, but I could not quite put my finger on it.

Now I know !!!!

The Rochdale Olympic Phase I and Phase II did NOT have a chassis. I
read an article last night which said that the Rochdale Olymoic
was a true glass-fibre monocoque design, getting most of its
inspiration from the Lotus Elite (also a fibreglass monocoque).

Therefore the car that is being referred to here can not be a Rochdale
Olympic (Unless Rochdale built other cars I am not aware of)

Gerry.

PS to John, the article is on its way today.