Re: Rochdales Again

To: gerry@probe.att.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Rochdales Again
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1992 16:14:40 -0400
gerry@probe.att.com scribed:
 Subject: Rochdales Again
> Joh writes :
> > Yeah, the (Rochdale) GT was sold as a body to fit onto Ford Popular
> > chassis.  This particular car was in the process of being grafted onto a
> > TR-3 chassis, which ought to be interesting.
>
> The Rochdale Olympic Phase I and Phase II did NOT have a chassis. I

Right, but this is a Rochdale GT, which came before. The (breif)
reference I have says it had a tube frame. Still not a Ford, but closer
than a monocoque.

   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett              (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!