..painting calipers, again..

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ..painting calipers, again..
From: Clay Robinson <crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 92 15:05:28 EDT
From: crobinso
Full-Name: Clay Robinson@program support
Subject: RE:  Spark Plugs
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Bcc: crobinso

     >>Angus Grossart <angusg@spider.co.uk> wrote
     >>The old man said that the recommended Champions sometimes work
     >>better in those old engines than any of the equivalents.

     >>Is this just a load of romantic non-sense or is it true?
     >>Any body tried both...what was your conclusions?

Where it really counts, in a single cylinder, I once tried NGK as a
replacement in my John Deere (with Japanese engine no less) and it
would not even run.  Seems the NGK plug was bad from the factory.  That
engine ran fine with Champion.  I use the "cheap" Bosch platinums
in my Daimler SP-250 and they work fine.

I understand that Bosche makes two categories of platinum:  cheap $2.00
variety and then the $20 variety that are specifically manufactured for
individual engines.  Has any one tried the big buck plugs?

Clay Robinson        crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil
The opinions expressed above are my own, not my employer's.