..painting calipers, again..

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ..painting calipers, again..
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1992 13:49:34 -0500 (CDT)
>|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
>   I also decided to paint the brake calipers a real bright red.

I never did get mine painted, and after sitting about for a couple of weeks
after getting them nice and clean (bead blasted), they've got another thin
coat of rust on them!  ARGHH!  (Days on end of 95+ weather with 95%
humidity hasn't helped, either.) I did just note that the Eastwood catalog
has some paint called something like "metal gray" in several shades; it
looks like a good color for those of us who don't want RED calipers  ;-)

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726