re: High Temperature paint

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: re: High Temperature paint
From: "Life is just a candle, it needs a dream to make a flame" <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 92 11:57:47 PDT
   re: porcelanized ehaust flaking off

     That is kind of strange to hear about the porcelin flaking off the manifold
- I wouldn't think that would be the case- porcelin takes up to 2000 or more
 degrees- much more than the high temp paint would.   I know my neighbor had
 his 41 Plymouth's manifold done a few years ago, and it still has the same
 gloss to it- granted it's a flathead and won't get too terribly hot, but
 it looks to last a lonnnngg time.   I haven't had great luck with any kind of
 high temp paint yet- so I am kind of prejudiced against it. It always looks
 good for about 3 weeks then fades away.

   Heck- go for chrome!!!!!  (^;

Greg